We’re all stuck inside going mad as hell and we just can’t take it no more. So, we’re going to do something about that and give the wrestling world some entertainment whilst doing good for all those that lost out on PROGRESS bookings.
PROGRESStv will be streaming three times a week on Twitch (starting this Monday 23rd March) with episodic content; that’s right. We’re going to program a quasi-television channel for everyone to get stuck into whilst working from their beds, sofas or makeshift home office in their kitchen. The best part; we’re not doing this alone.
Over the past few days we’ve been talking to content creators, streamers, wrestlers, and best of all, other promotions to bring the best episodes ever to PROGRESStv. There will be some surprises along the way and plenty of opportunities for you to get involved; to be fair, we really want you to get involved in any way shape or form
We’ve reached out to promotions around the country to be involved and to have their own showcase episode on PROGRESStv. So far, we are excited as heck to have NORTH Wrestling and PRO Wrestling Soul joining us on this wild ride. If other promotions want to get in on this, drop me a DM on Twitter.
How will donations work?
You’ll be able to donate directly through Twitch with PayPal. The donations will be split between talent that were booked on the cancelled shows, and PROGRESS. With the cancellation of Tampa, two Camden chapters, and the postponement of Super Strong Style 16, we’ve taken a pretty big knock; but so have those talent that are currently missing out on bookings. So, we're going to try and spread the love as much as we can. We’re hoping that through PROGRESStv, we can raise enough money to support talent in this unnerving time. If we make affiliate, and also receive bits from fans, we'll also add that money to the pool.
The streaming times will vary each day we program with a different episode going out; these times will be announced the day before and at the start of the week. There will also be live streams from some of the PROGRESS team where we play games, open up multiplayer rooms and also discuss hypothetical booking situations via video chat podcasts (it’s going to be chaos).
Want to know what we’re planning? Well here’s a look at what we’ve got planned for the next few weeks:
- Lucha Forever Showcase - We’ll be streaming the best of Lucha Forever, for free, on Twitch.
- PROGRESS Chapters - Watch along with us on Twitch as we stream chapters from our past, and present, and future (we’ll sim them).
- Freedom’s Road: Revisited - Creator, visionary, and dreamweaver of Freedom’s Road, Alan Ronald, will be revisiting the ProJo with an all new director’s commentary of the show.
- Community Showcases - Starting with TWM Wrestle, we’ll be streaming their staff’s favourite matches.
- Wake up with PROGRESS - Struggling to wake up, join our just chatting stream on Skype that’ll be streamed on Twitch.
- 24/7 Punk Stream - We want to bring exposure to new and upcoming bands in the UK and US just like Scuzz did.
- Conversation with Sarah Elizabeth Cox - Wrestling Historian - Sarah is writing a biography of Jack Wannop, a wrestler who pioneered catch-as-catch-can wrestling in the 1800’s.
- And so much more.
This is just a sample of what we’ll be putting out as well as free chapters, matches and behind the scenes footage that has never been released before.
We can't wait to show you this so join us on Monday 23rd March as we kick off with a Lucha Forever showcase. (I look forward to you joining us on this journey, Adam).